The Albert Lea Economic Development Agency (ALEDA or Agency) is the local economic development organization representing Albert Lea and Freeborn County. ALEDA consists of the Albert Lea Port Authority, a governmental non-profit; and Greater Jobs, Inc., a private non-profit economic development corporation.
ALEDA is currently accepting applications for a summer intern, made possible by a grant from the Minnesota Economic Development Foundation. This is an opportunity for a student to work with an organization involved in many different aspects of community and business development providing a unique insight into business management, community development, communications and marketing, and organizational leadership. General duties include assisting in day to day general operations at the office and a variety of project work including developing business and community outreach materials, developing press releases and media content, organizing and transferring files electronically, and providing support to staff for meetings and presentations and research on issues of interest.
Desired qualifications include; academic major in political science, marketing, communications, business, finance, or related field, a grad point average of 3.0 or better, and personal commitment to public service and community growth. Internships for ALEDA are paid.
Closing date for applications is noon April 29, 2022. All applications must be received by the closing date for consideration. Resumes and letters of interest can be sent to Noelle Hagen, Assistant Executive Director (email@example.com). Questions and additional information may be addressed by e-mail. Visit our website at www.growalbertlea.com.
Job Post & Additional Information:
Internship – Undergraduate: Desired Qualifications & Conditions
Purpose: Develop bench strength for ALEDA while giving valuable experience to local community youth
- Pay: Internships for ALEDA are paid. Assignments are designed to provide practical application of academic theory to real-world situations, as well as general office duties.
- Location: Interns will be located at ALEDA’s main office.
- Working hours: 15 hours per week; hours and days negotiable; Recommended – 8-12 or 1 to 5 pm, Monday through Friday
- Academic major in one of the following disciplines is desired
- Political Science
- Marketing / Communications
- Business / Finance
- Economic Development
- Grade point average of 3.0 or better
- Personal commitment to public service and community growth
General duties may include any or all of the following:
- Assist in day to day general operations at the office
- Lead creative projects related to community engagement and education
- Develop business and community outreach materials
- Organize and transfer files electronically
- Develop press releases and media content
- Provide advance meeting/presentation support
- Provide research support on issues of interest
- Various projects as assigned
Send Resumes to:
Noelle Hagen, Assistant Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org